Offensive Pugad Baboy Cartoon

"Pugad Baboy" is a famous cartoon strip here in the Philippines. One can read it in one of the major broadsheets here, The Philippine Daily Inquirer (PDI, http://inquirer.net/).

This morning, Oct 18, 2007, Thursday, I found this:

I immediately e-mailed PDI.

I am an avid fan of "Pugad Baboy." I have tolerated PM Jr. even if there are times that he used religion as a butt of his jokes (i.e. the "kulto finish" episode).

However, I find today's "religious nut" cartoon offensive (where Mang Dagul finds himself conversing with a person who asks him, "Paano ka nagpapasalamat sa biyaya na ibinigay sa yo ng Diyos?" [How do you thank God for the blessing He gave you?] Then Dagul cries out: "Religious nut!"). Yes, we all had our share of so-called religious nuts. But, just talking about God does not make one a nut case. This is stereotyping people who just wanted to talk about God. It is unfair. I don't find it funny.

Feel free to e-mail PDI <feedback@inquirer.com.ph> if you find the cartoon offensive also. God richly bless you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 31 Is Not Just About Halloween

Let The Dead Bury Their Dead

Getting Involved