How do we really value time?

I heard this plug over 702 DZAS AM. It made me weigh how important time is.

“How do we value one year? Ask a student who failed a grade. How do we value one month? Ask a mother whose baby arrived prematurely. How do we value one week? Editors of weekly newspapers know. How do we value one hour? Ask someone who lies terminally ill waiting for a loved one who is late. How do we value one minute? Ask someone who missed a plane, a train, a very important engagement that would never be rescheduled. How do we value one second? Ask an Olympic Medalist, someone who just missed having an accident, or someone saying goodbye to a loved one they will never see again.”

Thus we have to make the most of our time. How? Keep in mind that we are living on borrowed time. King David prayed, “Teach me, O LORD, about the end of my life. Teach me about the number of days I have left so that I may know how temporary my life is.” (Psalm 39:4, God’s Word) Actually we cannot really save time. It will come and go. So, we must reprioritize our life. The real issue is priority not time management. How we use our time speaks a lot about our priorities in life. If I look into your PDA or planner, what would be my impression about your priorities? That’s why the prophet Moses wrote, “Teach us to use wisely all the time we have.” (Psalm 90:12, CEV) We must invest our time in view of eternity. “Make the most of every chance you get. These are desperate times! Don’t live carelessly, unthinkingly. Make sure you understand what the Master wants.” (Ephesians 5:16-17, The Message)
The best investment of our time is in doing the will of God.

Brethren, how much do you really value time?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Ubus-ubos Biyaya, Bukas Nakatunganga”

God Knows Judas Not Pay

“Don’t drink the Kool-Aid!”