Go For It!

By the time you are reading this, I am already in Texas, USA. (In this picture, I stood in front of Elm Street in Dallas, Texas, where US President John F. Kennedy was assassinated November 22, 1963. Behind me is the Texas School Book Depository, now Dallas County Administration Building. That's where the assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald, positioned himself at the corner window of the 6th floor of the building, the square one beside the arched windows.)

God graciously opened a door for me to join the Global Proclamation Academy (GPA) in Dallas Theological Seminary. The GPA is “a once-in-a-life time, ministry-defining experience with the finest master-coaches available to explore biblical spirituality, theological discernment, and effective preaching.” (http://www.thegpa.net/) It is a 3-week “by invitation only” program where “no more than one leader will come each year from any single country.” (Ibid) It is such a great privilege to become part of GPA Batch 2008!


Allow me to thank those who prayerfully supported me on this trip. Rest assured that I would make the most of this conference. God has a purpose why He gave me this opportunity. It appears things are happening fast (at times, so fast) in our church. I have to confess that there are moments when I feel so overwhelmed with what He is doing in our midst. That’s why I am so blessed to be a part of a team that pursues excellence. On my own, I don’t think I could have accomplished much. Maybe I would have failed right then and there at the onset.

Thus, we cannot afford to just watch things unfold right before our very eyes. God is inviting us to join Him in making it happen. When Makati Gospel Church (MGC) invited me to pastor the English Worship Service, what clinched it was what Dr. Andrew Liuson told me, “In MGC, you will be pastoring leaders.” It excites me to become a part of what God is accomplishing in MGC. Each one of us is a leader in our own right, in our personal spheres of influence.

I always like how The Message translated 1 Corinthians 15:58. “With all this going for us, my dear, dear friends, stand your ground. And don’t hold back. Throw yourselves into the work of the Master, confident that nothing you do for him is a waste of time or effort.” This is my appeal to you also. We need you on our team.


Brethren, let us go for it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Ubus-ubos Biyaya, Bukas Nakatunganga”

God Knows Judas Not Pay

“Tetelestai!”