Money Talks!

Do you know that our Lord Jesus spoke so much about money?

In fact, 16 out of the 38 parables of Christ spoke on handling earthly treasure. In 1 out of every 10 verses in the Gospels, the Lord Jesus taught on being faithful to God about your finances. That’s more than verses about heaven and hell combined! Throughout the Old and New Testament, there are 2350 verses on wealth! That’s twice as many as the references to faith and prayer.

In short, what we do with the money God gave us matters to Him. God is concerned not only with our tithe or the 10% of our income we give in the offering, but also with how we handle the remaining 90% in our wallet.

Money is not the root of all evil. The love of money is (1 Timothy 6:10). Tell me how you handle your money and I will tell you who you really are. It is written, “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” (Matthew 6:21. The NET Bible)

We declare in our baptism that we surrendered our lives to God. It seems we should baptize our wallets also. Have we surrendered to God even the financial side of our lives?

Thus, Makati Gospel Church will host a special seeker event titled “Money Talks!” on June 18, 5:30PM, at the MGC Sanctuary. Pastor Joby Soriano of Christ Commission Fellowship Alabang and I will speak on what the Bible says about our finances. Start praying for your supervisor, manager or CEO. Please give us their names and we will send invitations to them. You may call 816-0634 (Look for Joyce).

With God’s help, together let us make this event successful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Ubus-ubos Biyaya, Bukas Nakatunganga”

“Racy Religion”

Things We Christians Can Do To Help Our Country (Part 3)